11.07.2010

Starting the 30 Day Blog challenge

I heard about the 30 day blog challenge from my cousin, Logan, and by reading his awesome blog at omylands.blogspot.com (check it out!) and I thought it sounded fun and interesting, so I decided to shadow his blog and do the same challenge he does. Hopefully he doesn't miss a day, because I don't actually have the list of topic for the next thirty days, I'm just getting them from his blog! So here it goes:


Day 1 - A recent photo and 15 interesting facts about yourself


It actually amazes me that this is my most recent picture, as this was taken about six months ago. I guess I need to take more pictures! This picture was taken last May at the after party of Brighton High School's production of Much Ado about Nothing. Go Training Table!
Anyways, 15 interesting facts about myself? Here we go...
1- I'm adopted. I thought I'd get this one out of the way, because every time I bring this up, someone looks at me, amazed, and exclaims "YOU'RE ADOPTED?!?" Yep!
2- Most of my facial hair grows on my neck. No shave November will be awesome. I'll have the biggest neck beard around. Like... Zach Galifianakis, if all his facial hair grew below his jaw line.
3- I know how to spell Galifianakis without having to look it up. Don't ask me how, I couldn't answer that for you.
4- I play guitar, and besides a teacher telling me what the G, C, and D chords are, I'm self taught. I feel like self teaching is really the way to go, because you skip learning about what chords actually sound good together and you find your own style of music when you teach yourself.
5- I follow bands and musicians like a soccer mom follows trashy actresses. I have many issues of Alternative Press magazine (check it out, GREAT magazine) and most of my time on the internet is spent reading fansites and message boards. I DARE you to come up with a fact about Coheed and Cambria that I don't know already!
6- I'm gonna confess this right now, I feel like I need to get it off my chest... I LOVE Rock Springs, Wyoming. Small towns are great, and even though Rock Springs literally has nothing out there, I still find ways to make it fun. I can't explain it, really, but I just love small towns.
7- I write poetry. You should look it up! www.writerscafe.org/mikelson/writing
8- I'm a huge fan of The Office. I have every episode on Itunes and I watch them regularly. If you give me a quote I could say the name of the episode and who says it almost immediately.
9- Cafe Rio is the most delicious food ever. I could live on nothing but their burritos forever (or until I die at 45)
10- I love to act. I love to write (as stated before). I love to sing. I guess you could just say I love art. In all its forms. I feel like art is the one medium where I can say all I need to and not be judged for it. I'm like a ninja in the way I get my feelings out!
11- I've worked at Hires Big H, Arctic Circle, and Wendy's. I just have McDonalds and Burger King left and I'll have officialy worked at every burger place within a 10 mile radius of my house.
12- I actually LOVE to work. I've worked on many construction sites with my dad's employees and I've never thought of the work being too hard. I feel like no one ever really works until they're sweaty and covered in dirt.
13- I spend alot of my meditation time in the past. I know it's a problem, but I can't seem to forget everything I need to. I always review the past, not in like the "what did I do wrong?" way, but the "I miss everything about these people" way.
14- I love my parents more than I could ever tell them. Isn't it crazy how we can so easily hurt the ones we love the most? If they read this, I want them to know I love them and appreciate everything they do for me.
15- I want to do music for a living. That's it. I can't think of anything else that makes me happier than that. I know it's a horrible career choice, but I just don't care!
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my 30 day blog kick off! Tune in tomorrow! I love you all
-Michael Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment