11.18.2010

Hey, so... I kinda got bored of the stupid topics for the 30 day blog challenge, so I decided to stop and write about what I wanna write about when I wanna write! haha. Anyways, this is a poem I wrote at work today on the two ten minute breaks I have, so enjoy it!

BEFORE

Yes, I opened the door
into this white room
I saw you, but couldn't look at your face.
Your eyes lit up with
pure joy
and I knew in that moment
You loved me
And I ran out of the room because
the word love scares me
And that word was written
across your forehead

I ran back into the arms of
the ghosts,
the two,
one named first, the other
one and only
because with them
I was comfortable. I was safe.
Maybe I
thought you'd see them
and understand.
Something so hard to ask of you.
I know.

Yes, I'm full of shit
so much my mouth leaks it
every single day,
but I am also full of blood,
which makes me human.
And water,
and muscles, the strongest of which is
my heart. The ghosts
outside your white walls
Rip it apart every single day.
But a muscle becomes stronger
every time it hurts.

So maybe one day
maybe
maybe I can break down these walls
these blue walls and purple chains
and hold you once more
before you leave.
Maybe I can shake hands
with the ghosts. And they'll leave me
be.
Maybe I, too, can open my arms
So you can hold onto me
until your light
and my spark
burn out.

I love you all!
-Michael Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment