9.01.2011

metropolis

Hhey guys, so i'm starting an Intro to Film class, and i just watched my first movie, the black and white silent film called Metropolis.  i thought i'd find a summary of this movie (and all the other movies i watch) and post my review on here!  hope you enjoy them!

Summary:

In a futuristic city sharply divided between the working class and the city planners, the son of the city's mastermind falls in love with a working class prophet who predicts the coming of a savior to mediate their differences.

***********************

Metropolis was an interesting movie for me. I've taken a couple other film classes and seen a couple other silent movies, but never one this long and this complex. I was actually surprised at how much I liked it. Apart from a few plot points I couldn't really follow I thought Metropolis had an engaging storyline and characters to follow. I thought the sets were really cool and the concept intriguing. The story arc was set up in such a way as to keep the entire audience engaged and trying to figure out what would come next. I think the only thing I had a small problem with was side plots that never really got resolved. I never understood who Hel was and didn't understand why we never saw worker 11811 again... but all in all I thought Metropolis was a good movie and I'm glad we watched it!

thank you, i love you all!

-michael howell.

No comments:

Post a Comment