9.19.2011

eternal question.

i watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time today.  it's great, and i'd definitely recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it, but it got me thinking.

the story chronicles Jim Carrey's characters decision to erase his girlfriend of one year completely from his memory.  so obviously the questions has to be asked:

would you erase someone from your memory?

i personally wouldn't ever, but i'm curious as to people's reasons for and against it.  so please, write your responses in the comments!  i'd love to hear from you guys!!

thank you, i love you all!

-michael howell.

3 comments:

  1. Haha I'm so glad you blogged about this cuz I really wanted to but I totally forgot. You already know my answer I definitely wouldn't slash couldn't. The people that have hurt me have made me who I am and I can't imagine who I'd be otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think everyone I've been with has changed me for the better. I think I'd erase the ones who changed my expectations of love, who took away my hope, and who hurt me in ways that I will never recover from. If I could get back my self esteem, and hope of finding someone perfect I'd erase a few people.
    -note: this is from Lindsay on a cynical, and depressed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched this movie. and the whole experience of getting your mind wiped is like a bad experience with marijuana. so no thank you.

    ReplyDelete