4.14.2011

I would just like to take this time to apologize to my readers... I've been having a busy and crazy couple weeks emotionally and rather than posting my ususal blogs, I've been posting random depressing nonsenses. I apologize. In a return to form, I'd like to write about something that really means alot to me... Originality and passion (and the loss of it) in mainstream media. From news stories to movies to music, you see the same thing over and over again. You hear the same beat with the same four chords with the same trashy girl and creepy ghetto voice over and over again, and it just makes me sad to think our age will be remembered for Ke$ha and movies like Shrek, The (Fourth and) Final Chapter. It's not to say that no one has original ideas! Bands like Mumford and Sons and movies like Inception are rare gemstones in a sea of sand and mud that is entertainment. I just wonder... what happened? Why is it not relevant anymore? Did America really just say, eh, autotune sounds fine, whatever. But guess what? IT DOESN'T SOUND FINE! It sounds emotionless and boring! Bleh! Sorry for the rant, I'm tired and I can't think straight right now. I love you all. -Michael Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment